Sunday, July 7, 2013

So (Zurik)...save the last (dose) for me....

It's almost as though he knows he has to take his medicine, Mr Zurik came again at 6.30pm. He stayed at the gate as though waiting for some thing.

I know it's too early for his second dose of the day (which is also the VERY last dose of his 10-day course of antibiotics), but he seemed to be expecting it. After all, he cannot be hungry so fast, right?

But he was waiting.

I was reluctant to give it to him because I wanted to wait until at least 6 hours, which would be 9pm tonight.

But he wouldn't go away.

I made a judgment call...again. So I went into the kitchen to prepare the very last dose....

I came out with his medicine bowl, but he was no where to be found...

Oh...wrong judgement call, I guess.

mini-CIMG7065

Willy was eating his dinner across the road.


mini-CIMG7066

Vincent was doing a "Happy Days" sequence, so Mr Zurik must have left the area.


I called out for him and waited. I walked up and down the road too.


Nope, he wasn't anywhere to be seen.


Hmm...then why did he come?


Just when I walked into the house again...


mini-CIMG7067

Oh my, you're here? Waiting for me?


How silly of me, sorry Mr Zurik sir.


mini-CIMG7068

Here is your medicine, sir.


mini-CIMG7069

Go away, Timmy!  No, Timmy!


Mr Zurik moved away.


Tsk...Timmy!!!


I walked after him but he walked out of the gate.


mini-CIMG7070

Guess he felt more comfortable at Willy's breakfast spot.


Eat, Mr Zurik, eat...


mini-CIMG7071 mini-CIMG7072

YES!!


I almost hear Michael Buble singing:


Oh I know that the music's fine
Like sparklin' wine, go and have your fun
Laugh and sing, but while we're apart
Don't give your heart to anyone
But don't forget who's takin' you home
And in whose arms you're gonna be
So darlin' save the last dance for me


mini-CIMG7073

An extra reward for finishing his 10 days of antibiotics!!


mini-CIMG7075

Meanwhile, Willy's done with dinner.


mini-CIMG7076 mini-CIMG7077

The playground is his oyster, so to speak.


That's not bad a life for a community cat too, isn't it?


By the way, the Indy-like female cat from the pavilion came to our gate last night. That might spark another story...another time, perhaps.


mini-CIMG7078

 And so, for today, I managed to let Mr Zurik complete his entire course of antibiotics!


Yay!


Let's celebrate, folks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmi3EPUrw6g

No comments: