Saturday, July 27, 2013

Feeding time!

This morning, I was up later than usual and by the time I came downstairs, my son said he had fed everyone!

He took this photo:

mini-IMG_20130726_080035

 He said poor Vincent segregated himself from the rest.


Well, yes, Vincent has some issues, you know. I wonder if it is a colour issue, though.


I did the dinner round, which was at 4.30pm, and Vincent ate separately again.


mini-CIMG8118Again, Vincent preferred to eat separately from the rest. Well, as long as he is happy, I'm okay with that. We sometimes want our personal space too, don't we?


mini-CIMG8119


Look at that! I mean, the close proximity.


You'll NEVER see this at Bunny's Place.


mini-CIMG8120


Vincent needs his space.


See below...


mini-CIMG8122


I was given samples of a new food today.


mini-CIMG8123


The trend is grain-free these days.


mini-CIMG8124


Looks good, eh?


http://tuscannatural.com/Index.cfm?fuseaction=compare


Of course, the brood would "love" any new palatable food, but the real test is "will they still eat it after, say, 3 days?"


Now, where is Indy?


mini-CIMG8121


Oh gosh...immediately, I hear Rod Steward belting out...


I don't want to talk about it, how you broke my heart. 
If I stay here just a little bit longer, 
If I stay here, won't you listen to my heart, whoa, my heart? 


LOL!!


Where is Cow?


mini-CIMG8125


We shall not disturb Cow. After all, it's still early for dinner.


mini-CIMG8126


Indy wakes up.


You want some, Indy?


mini-CIMG8127


Yes, he does.


mini-CIMG8128


The acid test is whether Pole and Cleo eat it.


Cleo is the ultimate test as she is my most fussy eater.


Now, after that, I went out to look for Willy and Heidi.


Heidi came running when she saw me. It breaks your heart to see Heidi running towards you. You can almost hear her say, "Oh, you're here, you're here!! I've been waiting all my life for you...my saviour!"


Well, okay, not to that extent, perhaps, but she really knows how to give you that "look".  The "muka kesian", as they say.


Heidi took Willy's spot while Willy waited across the road. Since Mr Zurik and no other cat was around, I called Willy over and guess what, slowly but surely, he walked over!


Cautiously, he came to where Heidi was and waited. I brought out another bowl and put some food in it.


He ate, but cautiously.


I just had to take a photo so I zoomed back into the house to take my camera, but at the same time, worried if Mr Zurik or any other cat might come out and spoil everything.


But when I came out, guess what I saw?


mini-CIMG8129


This!


mini-CIMG8130


Tell me, is this priceless or what?


Okay, okay, I don't want to anthropomorphise (why do I have to google this word every time I want to use it?), but I'd like to think that Mr G came to make sure nobody bullies anyone.


mini-CIMG8131


Vincent watched.


mini-CIMG8132


Folks, please...Mr G deserves an applause for doing this.


mini-CIMG8133 mini-CIMG8134 mini-CIMG8135


Everyone else stood at the gate, just to watch.


mini-CIMG8136


*Clap, clap, clap*


Good boy, Mr G!


mini-CIMG8137


Heidi cannot eat too much at one go, so she moves away.


mini-CIMG8138


Our hero is not greedy for food nor does he want anything in return for the good deed he has done, which is more than what I can say for some humans...ha ha.


mini-CIMG8140


Now, Heidi...she is not very street-wise.


mini-CIMG8141


She has this habit of crossing the road halfway and settling down right in the middle of the road.


This worries me.


mini-CIMG8142


Oh no, she's even grooming herself in the middle of the road.


Get over to the other side, Heidi.


I shoo her across. And watches as she departs for the playground. Poor Heidi...that's what a dumped pet has to endure. You used to be a pet and now, suddenly, your owner has dumped you to an unfamiliar place. Your cat instincts, thankfully, are still intact, so you know where to go for food. But that doesn't change the fact that you used to live in a comfortable home and now, you have no home to go back to.


If only she would stay in my patio, I would certainly welcome that.


I guess she would have to find her own space.


Anyone wants to adopt her? Nobody in the neighbourhood has responded to the alert I sent out. I think someone drove here and dumped her at the playground. But I'm slightly comforted that this is a fairly safe and low-density area and the playground is very big.


mini-CIMG8143The patio cats are lucky, aren't they?


They used to live in the playground too, but now they have a safer place to dwell in - my patio.


But don't forget that Timmy was also a dumped cat. He made his way into the patio and staked his claim for a spot. Brave boy!

1 comment:

Yen Ling said...

Mr.G., you look like a very ZEN uncle. :)