Thursday, July 4, 2013

See you again, Mr Zurik!

I made a judgment call today. I let Mr Zurik go.

It's been 7 days of being cooped up in the cage. His wounds had already healed beautifully and he seemed well. His urination and defecation, as well as his appetite had been good.

I checked, and some vets prescribe 5 days, 7 days, 10 days or 21 days, depending on the severity of the wounds or illness.

It's Day 7 of the antibiotics.

mini-CIMG6912

Timmy, Rosie and Daffodil were there, as usual.


mini-CIMG6914

I gave him his antibiotics (in Monge).


mini-CIMG6915

Hey, Mr Zurik, you're free to go.


mini-CIMG6916

He stepped out, unhurriedly.


mini-CIMG6917

He wasn't in a hurry to leave (I'm glad).


mini-CIMG6918

He casually strolled away.


mini-CIMG6919

Timmy, Rosie, Daffodil and I watched as our guest, Mr Zurik, disappeared into the porch.


He is tall, isn't he?


mini-CIMG6920

Time to clean up Jojo's Healing Haven...


mini-CIMG6922

There...isn't this much better?


mini-CIMG6923

I went out to look for Mr Z and found Willy instead.


Good, Mr Zurik did not frighten Willy away.


mini-CIMG6924 mini-CIMG6925

He was nowhere to be seen.


mini-CIMG6927

Not in the drain too.


Igor wasn't there either.


mini-CIMG6926

 Did you see Mr Zurik, Timmy?


Maybe he was hiding inside the drain and Timmy was trying to tell me that?


I have a feeling he will come back for supper tonight or breakfast tomorrow. Even if he doesn't, at least he has had 7 days of antibiotics and his wounds have all healed.


It was my judgment call. I felt I needed to let him go.


I hope I made the right decision.


Tonight, he did not come back. There was no cat aggression in the porch too.


Maybe tomorrow morning, I will see him for breakfast?


If we don't, at least we've got him neutered and got his pretty bad wounds treated. And treated for ear mites too. I hope he has not infected the Patio Family, though. I had better Frontline them, just in case.


One aggressive community male cat neutered is a good thing.


Goodnight and sleep well, Mr Zurik. It's been our pleasure knowing you and having you as our guest!

No comments: