Saturday, August 11, 2012

Baggy's supper

Given her condition, I would feed Baggy as much as she can eat, whenever she is willing to eat.

Since she rejected her AD dinner, I thought I would try a home-cooked supper.


 I laid everything out and waited for her to show some interest.


When she did, I offered a little bit, but she didn't want to eat on her own. So, I force-fed, but not forcibly, because she was willing to swallow the food and allowed me to open her mouth. This was so much better than the previous AD meals where she kicked off and ran away after 2 mouthfuls.


This is the home-cooked meal, plus some cooked blended liver. I brought the Natural Balance and AD along, just in case.



 With each mouthful, I "wrapped" the cooked liver with home-cooked blended chicken and veges.



 She ate it all up. I lost count - more than 10 mouthfuls, while sitting in her drawer.



Resting in her private chambers after supper.


A true prima donna.


There was no assertive rejection and I won't push my luck with more. At least she ate a fair meal this supper. I'm thankful for this.


Tomorrow will be another day.


When Baggy was sleeping under her table all afternoon, refusing food, I visualized the EPO and RetroMAD1 doing its work to make Baggy well again. Maybe she is sleeping so that the medicine can do its work. All systems go...please make Baggy well and happy.

3 comments:

Lynn Yap said...

Dear Dr Chan, we hope so too, that Baggy will heal with all that you are doing for her. Prayers for her recovery.

chankahyein said...

Thanks very much, Lynn.

Joy E. Saga said...

Thank you Baggy for teaching us heaps on how to care for you. Blessings and healing be upon you, from the Furrever Feline Gang (Kat, Pedro, Yasmin, Maori, Hope and Faith)