Friday, June 28, 2013

The "Taming of the Shrew's Boss"! (Mr Zurik's post-op stories)

Shakespeare would roll in his grave!

Sorry, but this title is as apt as it can get!

mini-CIMG6718

At 4pm, I decided to give Mr Zurik some food.


The vet had said he might be groggy until tonight, but hey, I could already hear him struggling to escape from the cage. Believe me, he's wide awake already.


Russian, you know...


mini-CIMG6719

Timmy follows food.


mini-CIMG6720

If that's not wide awake, tell me, what is it?


mini-CIMG6722

I wasn't sure if he would eat Natural Balance, so I did not put the Vetri DMG into it.


But good, he ate it up. I thought it would be easier for digestion since it's finely minced. After all, Jojo's Healing Haven promises quality care, right?


mini-CIMG6723

Mr Zurik did not finish his wetfood so I thought perhaps he preferred kibbles.


He did. With the kibbles, he finished everything.


mini-CIMG6724

As per advised, the twisty tie is more secure and Zurik-proof than the ribbon.


mini-CIMG6726

He's a nice cat. See, I can pat him.


mini-CIMG6728

At 5.30pm, I thought he should get another snack. After all, the earlier one was also just a snack. I wanted to see if he could hold down the food.


He could, of course. You know, Russian...


But he toppled the whole water bowl so I figured I needed the type that can be screwed onto the cage.


So I hurried out to the petstore to get one. Unfortunately, they did not have any stock of the screw-on type.


mini-CIMG6729

Instead, I bought this stainless steel bowl with the hooks.


But it was too high and there was no lower horizontal bar to hook on to. Mr Zurik couldn't really stand up yet. I needed it lower.


mini-CIMG6730

I improvised.


With a cat-collar.


McGyver would have been proud of me...


mini-CIMG6731

Indy was quite fed-up with everything that has been going on at the patio.


What??? Another cat???


I'm putting in a complaint in writing!


mini-CIMG6734

Willy had his dinner in peace.


mini-CIMG6735

Peace is bliss.


mini-CIMG6736

Oh, Mr Zurik toppled this water bowl as well.


Sorry, McGyver...


mini-CIMG6737

Can we be friends?


mini-CIMG6738

So, we unscrewed Pole and Cleo's water bowl and screwed it on for Mr Zurik.


Surely he cannot topple this one?


mini-CIMG6739

Me wanna be friends! Me wanna be friends!


mini-CIMG6740

Always secure, every moment.


mini-CIMG6741

Happy Days are Here Again!!


What's for dinner??


mini-CIMG6746

Meanwhile, Pole is NOT happy that her green water bowl has been replaced.


mini-CIMG6748

Sniff, sniff, sniff....yucks, what smells is that??


I had washed it thoroughly, but guess you cannot fool a cat. They can smell a rat from a mile away.


mini-CIMG6747

 Cleo was so angry with the new water bowl, she took one sniff and ran off, and refused to look at me.


Read on for the green water bowl story...

No comments: