Monday, June 24, 2013

Mr Zurik's Sunday adventure

Yesterday morning I was up very early since it was the last day of Pet World.

There was the sound of cat aggression within the house compound near the patio. When I stepped out, I saw Vincent doing his stand-off stance against someone (hidden by the wall). I was hoping it would be Willy. It would certainly be a great achievement if Willy dared to come into the house compound.

But no...it was....

Yes, none other than our Mr Zurik!

I guess he figured it's Sunday, so he could try his luck.

mini-CIMG6394

I had to shoo Mr Z away just to get Vincent back to the patio so that everyone could have breakfast.


After settling everyone down, I went out.


mini-CIMG6395

Mr Z had parked himself at Willy's spot, and as expected, Willy was no where to be seen.


mini-CIMG6397

Hey Mr Z, that's not your spot, you know. It's Willy's.


mini-CIMG6398 mini-CIMG6399

He was persistent, but not aggressive. So, you just cannot find any faults with him.


This is a public place, isn't it? I can just sit here, can't I?


mini-CIMG6401

I went to the playground to look for Willy but could not find him anywhere.


Two neighbourhood cats were out enjoying the early morning.


mini-CIMG6402 mini-CIMG6403

While I was looking for Willy, Mr Z came to lick up the bowl.


mini-CIMG6404

....and drink water.


Yes, it's hot and hazy, isn't it?


mini-CIMG6405

I gave him some kibbles since he didn't seem like he was going to go away anytime soon.


mini-CIMG6406

By then, the Patio Family had finished their breakfast and had come out to see what was happening.


mini-CIMG6407

Stroomtrooper Vincent was at the frontlines, of course.


mini-CIMG6408

Our guest wasn't the least bit intimidated nor did he feel unwelcomed.


He just sat.


mini-CIMG6410 mini-CIMG6412

Happiness is...


mini-CIMG6413 mini-CIMG6414

....being Timmy!


mini-CIMG6420

Playing it safe...


mini-CIMG6421

On duty.


mini-CIMG6422

Motto: We Live to Serve and Protect


I went out several times but Willy was nowhere to be seen.


It was only after one hour that I finally spotted Willy under the neighbour's car.


Mr Zurik was still sitting at Willy's breakfast spot so that poor little guy must have been so afraid.


mini-CIMG6423


I went across the road to feed him. He came running.


mini-CIMG6426


Mr Z was still there.


mini-CIMG6427


Willy kept looking across the road, worried that Mr Zurik would come after him, so I had to stand close by to give him some confidence.


mini-CIMG6428 mini-CIMG6429


After barely minutes, Mr Zurik started walking over.


mini-CIMG6430


I had to shoo him off, so I gave him some food at the dustbin platform.


mini-CIMG6431 mini-CIMG6432


Igor and Otto was with him.


mini-CIMG6433


The Patio Family finished up Willy's food.


mini-CIMG6434


And little did I know, Vincent was up at his other sentry post, just above Mr Zurik, watching quietly.


Wow...talk about dedication to duty, I'd give Vincent full marks for this!


mini-CIMG6435


And before we think that Timmy was just guarding his food arsenal, think again...


Timmy was engaged in a peace negotiation with Indy.


Everyone has his and her duty, and Sunday is not a day off. There is a work be done and there is no better time than now to do it.


mini-CIMG6436



So, how did it go, Timmy?


We shall see, I suppose...

No comments: