Sunday, June 9, 2013

Looking for Vincent Starr

Normally, after a traumatic experience (such as going to the vet's coupled with having one's paw dipped in a warm saline bath and being forcefed medicines), a cat might run away from home for a few hours, if only to teach his human a lesson for giving him so much undue stress.

I went out to look for Vincent three times this evening, just to make sure he was okay.

Actually he was okay even last night when he was limping. He slept on the sofa and all was well. But today, I had to go take him to the vet, and that sort of created some distrust on his part towards me ("Where do you think you were going to dump me at?").

Luckily Rosie did not take up any issue with me and just stayed in the porch.

So I only had to contend with dealing with Vincent's bruised ego.

Twice, I found him in the neighbour's porch. I tried to lure him back but he wouldn't budge.

Just before the third round, I heard the sound of catfight outside. Oh oh...not again.

I quickly went out to check and saw little Willy-O running out of the gate. Poor Willy, he got chased out, but by whom?

mini-CIMG6098

It cannot be by this mother-and-daughter duo, right?


Now, doesn't this look like some cartoon character, like two cats merged into one?


mini-CIMG6101

Poor Willy...I compensated him by giving him supper.


mini-CIMG6103

It also cannot be happy-go-lucky Timmy Tum Tums, right?


Normally, Vincent is the one who chases all "intruders" out, but I doubt Vincent would now that he is injured.


mini-CIMG6102

Maybe it was Ginger?


mini-CIMG6105

Anyway, the search for Vincent continues...


mini-CIMG6106

....while Willy has his supper.


mini-CIMG6107

Here's what happens when I come out of the gate. Everyone else follows and it's dangerous to be coming out at night.


We could not find Vincent at all. Sobs...where are you, Vincent?


Are you so angry that you have run away from home?


As I was going back into the house...


mini-CIMG6110

Hah!! There you are!!


mini-CIMG6111

Quietly, he had crept onto the pillar without a single sound.


mini-CIMG6112

He ought to be fine if he can still jump up.


Till tomorrow then. Get well soon and goodnight, Vincent!

No comments: