Saturday, June 18, 2011

Bunny's home!

The clinic closes at 6pm, so I had to pick up Bunny even before he had fully awakened from the sedation.


The vet said the procedure went well, but some extras were done for Bunny, just to be on the safe side.  He was also given subcutaneous fluids to prevent dehydration.


Bunny lying down comfortably in the cage at the clinic.  His pupils are still dilated which indicates he is not fully awake yet.  The vet also gave him something to protect his heart, which also causes the dilation of the pupils.

 As we reached home, Cleo was waiting at the gate. 

We tried letting Bunny out of the carrier, but he was still groggy and started walking around aimlessly, so we figured it's best to put him back into the carrier.


 But he struggled and pushed him way out until he just broke open the door of the carrier.

 Tried as I did, I could not calm him down.  He was too groggy and simply wanted to walk around aimlessly.

Had to just try to slow him down. 

 Poor Bunny...

Slow down, Bunny...slow down. 

The vet said it would be best if I could change his bandage tomorrow, and apply warm compression to the wound.  Bunny is also on Baytril, an antibiotic, for 7 days.  Feeding Cow or Bunny medicine is always an arduous task.  

He even wanted to jump up to the window.

I took me half an hour or more to finally be able to calm him down enough...to lie down here.

But he was certainly hungry, so I gave him a treat of Fussie Cat.

It is going to be a long night for me....

The vet said Bunny should recover well even if I don't succeed in giving him the medicine.  Well, I'll do my best to do everything for him, if he would allow me.  Alphas will always be alphas.  

He's gone upstairs now, so I have to follow him up...


No comments: