Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Pole goes all-Dory

About once every month, Pole goes "Dory" for a few days.

That's when she dashes all over in a make-believe game of being chased by "someone".

We call it the "Dory Syndrome", after the Dory character in Finding Nemo.


 Someone's after me!! 


She hid under the bench, and is now coming out, but with great caution.


(Actually, nobody is chasing her at all.)



 Cleo watches her mum, a bit confused.


Pole does this about once a month, so we are quite used to it. Maybe it has something to do with the phases of the moon?



 When "nobody is chasing her", she sits quietly in her condo.


I don't know if it's due to her dashing around or what, but a sore appeared on her cheek a few days ago and I'm monitoring it closely. It seems to be drying up, which is good news. I managed to put povidone iodine on it once, though. I've also been giving her Vetri DMG in her wetfood ever since she started sneezing a week ago, but she's "smarter" now as she can sniff it out and she rejects the food. I know it's totally impossible to feed her any oral medication or put anything into her mouth for that matter, but with so many sporo cases coming up, I was really worried, so we tried to syringe the Vetri DMG in and my husband was badly bitten by Pole.


So yes, it is virtually impossible to feed any medication to Pole or Cleo. They would kill us first. I don't know if a vet can, because the last time I brought Pole to the vet's, she jumped so high, the vet gave up. The vet said she was all muscle and even he said it would be impossible, but he finally managed to give her an antibiotic injection instead. Nothing through the mouth. That's a strict taboo with Pole and Cleo.


Anyone wants to help me? Be my guest, please.


The only thing that is stopping me from taking her to the vet (to check out the sore) is that I'm afraid she might attempt to kill the vet as well. But the sore has also dried up, so I guess it's okay.



 See that little sore on the cheek?


I'm glad it has dried up.

No comments: