Today, the sneezing is more prominent. Tabs' lungs are clear (luckily!) but her lymph nodes are enlarged. The vet said to wait one more day before starting her on Doxy, which, as far as I have experienced, all animals simply hate. However, there is a paste now (Vibravet paste) and it is palatable, though expensive. Never mind, it is better than running the risk of stressing the pet with the dreadful Doxy pill; money can be earned back.
So, it looks like Tabs has got a secondary infection now and has to be isolated from the rest.
Her temperature is normal.
So we decided to put her in the living room and bar the Patio Cats from coming into the house. The vet said isolation is important as a runny nose can spread.
But Tabs wanted to go in.
And Tiger wanted to go out!
No, the meeting of the tabbies would have to wait for awhile until Tabs stops sneezing. We cannot risk everyone getting a runny nose.
I'll just eat my grass then.
Finally, Tabs eats Monge!
Her appetite is back to normal now, which is good. I hope the runny nose will clear soon. Meanwhile, everyone is fortified with Vetri DMG.
Secondary infections are scary. All precautions had already been taken; minimum stay at the vet's, discharge immediately when possible, private cubicle away from other sick animals, immune boosters given, yet a secondary infection can develop.
Some things are out of our control, so we would just have to manage them as best as we can.