Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Indy unleashes his fury...

....at me.

Yes, take a look...


 Indy bit me again yesterday. This would be the third time in these two weeks.


He is just so angry at Starry because Starry, being an abandoned pet, keeps coming into the house and making himself at home. And Starry likes to rub himself all over us.



 These were the scars two weeks ago, also inflicted by Indy. I had just unsuspectingly walked into the room when Indy grabbed my leg and bit me real hard.



 And these were inflicted some days back.


It's either due to jealousy or anger, or both!


But that's the way cats are and that's how they react. We cannot really blame them because we (in this case, me) have created the conditions for the anger and jealousy to set in. So, either I keep the patio family out in the patio and out of Indy's sight OR I wear something to protect my legs! The other day, Indy bit through my long pants and I saw the blood seeping out and flowing down my pants. Vicious, isn't he? Hell hath no fury like an Indy scorned!



 He spends his waking hours guarding the grille.


The boy is obsessed.



 And Starry is completely innocent.



Whenever I sit outside to watch television, he comes up and starts rubbing himself all over.



 That's just the way he is. I guess he used to be a very pampered pet and I wonder why his owner left him behind when they moved out.



 He follows me everywhere whenever I am out of the room.



 And Indy hates that.



 Indy has declared Starry his No.1 enemy.



 He even takes it out on the rest when he cannot get to attack Starry.




 


 Pole stays safe on higher ground whenever Indy goes on the warpath.



 Cleo hides under the chair to be safe.


Everybody gets out of his way and out of his warpath.



 Can I please not get involved?
I don't mind staying on the roof, really. 



  I am ze boss and nobody messes wiz me!

13 comments:

Joy E. Saga said...

Has Indy's wound fully healed ... seems the patch is still there.

chankahyein said...

It has healed a lot. Just a tiny spot left.

linda said...

Maybe you shld let him wear his t-shirt again if it will calm him.

chankahyein said...

Ha ha...I was thinking about that, or I let Tabs wear a tshirt to spike up her confidence. The poor girl...

BoBo Salem said...

Indy is one big jealous kitty.

Yen Ling said...

OUCH!! I hope the wound has healed. The wounds on your leg, I mean. After that, the scars are there as a life-long reminder. Hail, Indy!

chankahyein said...

Thanks, and I hope my tetanus jab is still "valid"!

Peggy Quah said...

Oh dear, what can we say... sigh tell us not to love them to bits, bites or no bites, thats the way it is with cats. We cant reason them to accept new comers so we have to be just be a bit on our toes too. Hope the wounds heals fast. Jealously rules in the cats kingdon.

Amy Kwek said...

Dr Chan,
I will apply"Yoon Nan Pai Yao"-Chinese medicine after washing the wound by salt water.It is commonly used to treating bruises, contusions, chilblain, rheumatism and numbness, pains in bones muscles and joints. It can be used to arrest hemorrhage, stanch bleeding, activate blood circulation, eliminate inflammation and swelling, disperse blood clots, discharge pus and counteract toxin.
Please take care.

chankahyein said...

Thanks, Amy. They are all healing. Best I try to "heal" Indy's jealousy problem too!

Joy E. Saga said...

On another note, perhaps don't let Indy see you cuddling Starry... to assuage his insecurity and to reestablish his role as your protector in his kingdom.

chankahyein said...

Would have to close the door then.

Wong Yoke Mei said...

eventhough you close the door, they can still "smell" you out after the cuddles..... Indy just wants to be cuddled during tv watching tooo.... :)