Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Ginger Day 3 - no more fever!

Ginger was up and about at 6.30am this morning, looking excited. Timmy accompanied him all night (or rather, the patio is Timmy's place anyway).

mini-PC180198 mini-PC180201

Good news No. 1 - Ginger ate on his own!!


Not much, but he did, and maybe it's also because I added Primal. I think he is sick of AD and soft food.


I went to our regular vet for advice yesterday, with the intention of purchasing Lysine to boost Ginger's appetite, but the vet felt I should not. It's better that the cat eats on his own without any supplements, that would be a gauge of whether he is recovering or not. That made sense to me and the vet told me to give the medicine time to work.


Yes, I know. 48 hours. Okay...


Also, the force-feeding can be reduced because hepatic liver only happens if the cat is starving. Best not to turn the cat off food by force-feeding too frequently. True, true...


And it's 48 hours today!


Ginger is eating on his own now.


mini-PC180204

We went for a walk with the harness.


Suddenly...


mini-PC180206

It's Mr Zurik...!


He had not come for 3 days and only reappeared yesterday, unscathed and absolutely fine. His usual Zurik-self.


mini-PC180208

Daffodil and Vincent let him in, but watched closely.


I suspect Mr Zurik is a Stormtrooper turned rogue.


mini-PC180209

He's got long legs.


mini-PC180212

Ginger was on the alert too.


mini-PC180214

We sat on the grass until sunrise.


mini-PC180216

With Rosie and Daffodil watching us.


mini-PC180219

Ginger seems very well already and wanted to explore.


mini-PC180220

I know, Ginger, you want to go up on your roof. This is his usual siesta place after breakfast.


mini-PC180223

We came back and I caged him so that I can take his temperature later.


Breakfast (and all other meals) had been a mess ever since Ginger took the cage because I could not cage Timmy and I think Timmy had been ransacking everybody's bowl. Well, everybody's except Heidi's. So, I had to feed Daffodil and Rosie again.


mini-PC180224

Ginger only drinks fresh water. That's freshly filled.


Cats are picky, aren't they?


We took Ginger's temperature....


It's normal!!!  It's 39 degrees, so the fever is down!


Hooray! Good news No. 2!


mini-PC180225

Monitoring the 2nd breakfast for Daffodil and Rosie only.


mini-PC180226

Outside, Willy has his breakfast.


mini-PC180227

Mr Zurik was being naughty again, so I had to bribe him with some food to stay away from intimidating Willy.


mini-PC180231

Willy wants affection too.


mini-PC180232

уходить, Mr Zurik!!


mini-PC180233

Willy only dares to eat when he feels protected.


Poor Lion King...


mini-PC180234

быть хорошим мальчиком, Mr Zurik.

No comments: