Thursday, November 12, 2009

At the break of dawn

For the past two weeks or so, the first thing I do every morning after feeding the cats would be to attend to Mac.  I had to handfeed him his AD, syringe in his liquid spirulina, then feed him his medicines - the liver supplement, the nerve supplement, his antibiotics and painkillers, and mouthwash. 

When doing it, I would always think that it is no different from looking after an elderly family member who needs nursing care.  I looked upon it as an opportunity to serve someone in need.   

Today, I don't have this privilege anymore. 

But I am comforted in knowing Mac no longer has to suffer the pain of all his degenerative diseases now. 

He is whole again now, somewhere else.  He is happy. 


This is one of my favourite photos of Baby Mac, taken 13 years ago.  He was such a fluffy ball of fur! 

Ming-Yi and I would like to thank everyone who sent us messages of condolences during our bereavement yesterday.  We are very touched by your very kind and compassionate gesture.  
 

6 comments:

Yen Ling said...

My sincere condolences. I just read. Not the worry, he is having breakfast now with Vix and barking away, giving Vix updates about Bobby and gang!

KW said...

My deepest condolences to you and your family. Having good Karmma being raised up by you, I believe Mac has been re-born in a higher plane of existence. Take care, sis.

SA said...

May Mac have a good rebirth,
Maha sadhu for your compassion.

Yi-Lin said...

Sorry to hear about this, but glad that he went peacefully.

Corinne said...

Sorry to hear abt Mac so late ...my condolences to you and family.. I am sure he is in a happier and better existence now no more pain and sickness . May he be well and happy !

Vivian said...

Sad to hear of mac"s passing.. Condolences to you and your family...
He is free from suffering now. Enjoying his time with his other friends from the animal kingdom in animal heaven.
May he be well and happy..
Be strong.

vivian