Saturday, April 3, 2010

Butter is retaining his food...so far

It's strange, but the moment Jelly passed away, Butter seemed to be on the road to recovery.  If I were superstitious, I might just say Jelly "made way for her brother to recover".  Or, perhaps it was just a case of timing and coincidence.

Butter has so far retained his food for the last three meals.  The "meals" were just about 1-2 teaspoon of ID, fed at regular intervals.  I am careful not to overtax the gut. 

I can only keep my fingers crossed now that Butter will continue retaining his food.  If he shoots diarrhoea again, the vet has said there is nothing more we can do about it.  Butter is already on an antibiotic for the gut infection. 

Keep your fingers crossed for Butter and for me, please. 

Fostering and nursing very young animals is not an easy task.  You give it all you've got, and you can only hope for the best. 

Peanut also had some pasty stools this morning, so I'm putting him on ID as well. 

Peanut-Butter taking a nap after their meal.

No comments: