Friday, March 30, 2012

Litter tales continue...

I'm still looking for cat-litter, and my hunt has taken me to OkoPlus...



From http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=518&pf_id=7096:
Voted "Best Buy Litter 2006" and "Highly Commended Litter 2007/08" by Your Cat magazine, Cat's Best OkoPlus is the only wood based clump-forming, biodegradable eco cat litter on the market. Made from 100% pure organic fibre, it binds liquid and odour effectively inside the fibre and boasts up to 3 times higher yield than mineral-based cat litters. It is compostable and 100% biodegradable, and, depending on local disposal laws, can be disposed of safely via your toilet. 40 litre bag.



My cats wouldn't use it "neat", but after I mixed in EverClean, they began using it.

Meanwhile, in the other three litter boxes, it's EverClean plus Magic Litter.

OkoPlus is wood-based, clumping and biodegradable. It sounds the perfect litter for the environment.

If my cats "agree" to use it "neat" eventually, I'd probably switch to OkoPlus. Otherwise, I'll mix.

1 comment:

mas said...

my cats just like sand. you can put anything in the litter box, with sand on top, and they'll use it.

currently using kitty's crumble as first layer (to absorb the pee), jolly cat sand 2nd layer (for cat's pleasure i suppose coz they like sand) and little bit of ever clean on top (for clumping). clean it minimum 3x/day, add 2-3 scoops of jolly cat every 2 days, adding bit of crumble & ever clean everyday and change everything 2x a week.

the only cons i can see is that the kitty's crumble looks like serunding daging (some kind of food).

i think it's working this way coz i no longer have the needs to experiment the most effective way in regards to their litterboxes. :D

thanks

mas