Saturday, December 17, 2011

Indy's and my afternoon

I figured the best option would be to confine Indy in the room with me, but he was very restless and actually "called" to ask me to let him out. Sigh...the stress of being confined is not good, yet, if I let him out, he would just go out to the street.

Indy stayed in the room, but did not like the cardboard house nor the broken box, so finally, he couldn't stand it any longer and asked to be let out. I thought maybe he wanted to pee, so I let him out, but followed him closely.





I placed some water here, but he didn't want any of it. Earlier on, in the room, I had force-fed him glucose water with a syringe, but he spat it all out. He just plainly rejected it all. Sigh...


 No, I do not want water...don't force me, please.


Okay Indy, no forcing. Just offering, in case you want some.



 Tiger and Bobby came to say "hi". And I camped out on the porch to watch Indy and accompany him, and make sure he doesn't go out to the road.



After an hour or so, Indy licked some water, but only a small amount.


Yay...



 Cow was nearby, with Tiger.



 Cleo as well.


Soon, our visitor came...



 It's Tabs, the neighbour's kitten. I don't know her name, so I'm calling her "Tabs".



 Tabs made herself right at home.



 It's as though she knows us very well.



 Using the scratching trunk, with Tiger looking on.





 Tiger plays the gracious host.



 Indy insisted on going out, so I chaperoned him to the road. My concern is that he may want to pee or poo. The X-Rays shows there was poo in his intestines but these were not near the anus yet.



 He just wants to go to this neighbour's house because it's vacant.





 Cleo helps me monitor.


I sure hate to tail Indy this way, but it is the only option I can think of, for Indy's safety.



 Good old Pole.



 With each stop, I wait with Indy. He'd just stop and stare before deciding to take a few more steps. Finally, there was no pee or poo, he just wanted to sit.


No, Indy, sorry, you can't sit here, I have to take you back into the house.



 Back in the house, Tabs kept asking for food.



 If only Indy had this appetite!



 Tabs sitting with me on the sofa.



 I went to check. All eaten up.


I offered Indy some food, but he refused and started heading towards the door again. I had to follow.



 Tabs wasted no time in polishing up Indy's food as well.



 Indy headed out in a bit of a hurry. I thought he wanted to pee, so I let him. But no, he just wanted to sit under Jia-Wen's car. Sigh...No, Indy, I have to take you back. It was starting to drizzle and I can't risk standing out there in the rain to accompany him, so I took the keys and started the car. I know that's mean, but again, that was the best option I could think of.



 I carried Indy in, and noticed Tabs had indeed polished up Indy's food as well.



 I put Indy in the room and went out to settle the cats.


Tabs wanted more food.



 No, Tabs, that's enough for you.



 Then, Tiger let Tabs eat his food.


Oh well...



 Meanwhile, this is how stressed out Indy is in the room. Sigh...



 After sometime, he finally went into his basket. He doesn't like towels, so I had to put newspapers.



 It's taken me a whole day just to see this.


But he's not sleeping. Just staring into space.


He still wants to go out to the road.


Indy's vet called to say he had checked with another vet who has an ultrasound machine. Even this vet said the best vet to do the reading would be the vet in PJ, who is currently still on leave.


I'll be taking Indy for acupuncture tomorrow. There is no housecall slot, so we have to brave the stress and get to TTDI to Dr Susanna's house.


In challenging times such as this, Dicken's quote rings in my ears. The backdrop is totally different, of course, but the intrinsic message does apply, somehow:




It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to heaven, we were all going direct the other way - in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.
Charles DickensA Tale of Two Cities
English novelist (1812 - 1870)



No comments: