Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Is it Liberace? Elton John? Elvis?? No, it's Indy!!

The other day, when Indy started wearing his smiley-tshirt, a reader remarked that Indy looked like a "gay rock star"!  I was tickled to bits (rolled on floor laughing) but the more I looked at Indy, the more I tend to agree that the smiley-tshirt on Indy reminds me of Elvis, Elton John or Liberace!

Anyway, it's been four days now, and I felt sorry for Indy, not being able to groom himself with the tshirt on. The wound had healed remarkably well on the very next day itself, but I didn't want to take the chance of Indy licking it again so I kept the tshirt on him.

This morning, after breakfast, I took the tshirt off Indy to let him groom. I can't say Indy was overjoyed, though. He appeared nonchalant about it. I have strong reasons to believe he actually likes the tshirt...very much, too. Not once did he complain or try to tear it off.

So, with the tshirt off, Indy started grooming. Not feverishly. Just nonchalantly, just as he would any other non-tshirted day. I was watching him and he did lick the wound a bit. Not excessively too.

After about half an hour, I checked his wound and would you know....it was lacerated again!  But the area was much smaller than it was previously so I think this is a good indication that the wound IS healing.

He is still on antibiotics.

So, I put the tshirt back on before I left for work and our masked hero appeared to be quite happy with it.

And to think I was so worried if he would feel ostracised by the rest of the cats because he looked different, etc. Would it affect his feline self-esteem, etc. You'll never know, right?

Looks like I worried for nothing....


 Hey man...call me Elton Indy for now...


It's a little bit funny this feeling inside. I'm not one of those who can easily hide...



 I don't have much money, but boy if I did, I'd buy a big house where we both could live...



And you can tell everybody this is your song
It may be quite simple, but now that it's done
I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world...


(The above are lyrics from one of Elton John's biggest hits in 1970, "Your Song". The man can sing anything and it will be a hit!)



 Meanwhile, talking about homes, we've had a hierarchy change in the ownership of the condo....
Cleo and Bunny had been seen taking over the condo lately...


Gosh...what's going on?


Just take a look at this condo. It's big, isn't it? But no two cats can occupy it at any one time. Only one is permitted. One and only one. And the penthouse occupancy, now that is another story altogether...


You'll never be bored when you have cats in your life...

5 comments:

Maneki Neko said...

Now it's my turn to LOL! I was actually thinking Indy resembled Freddy Mercury in his pink & yellow sleeveless t-shirt ("I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy, Because I'm easy come, easy go, Little high, little low, Any way the wind blows doesn't really matter to me, to me.)

Elton John, however, is another distinct possibility, and I can so easily picture Indy crooning 'Your Song'. Makes me sniffle, actually.

Kukuigirl said...

I think Indy likes the shirt coz it makes him feel special. And he is a very special cat indeed.

Joy E. Saga said...

I agree with Kukuigirl. Indy is now the boss and by wearing the shirt, you have elevated him to a higher "human" position as humans wear clothing ... so i'm guessing Indy is feeling very important right now and would like to continue wearing the tshirt :-)

chankahyein said...

LOL!! I might need to get him another one because there is no chance for me to wash this one!

Joy E. Saga said...

The pet shop near my house sells outfit from RM5. Not sure if got his size though :)