This is the first blanket sewn with the sample cloth contributed by Jimmy Lee and Angela.
1. Please check the latest comment for the latest bid before putting in yours.
2. All bids are placed as comments on this blogpost. All comments will be published instantly in chronological order.
3. The auction ends at 5.00pm, on Tuesday, 14th october 2014.
4. The winner is to bank in payment no later than 72 hours after the closing time failing which we reserve the right to offer it to the next highest bidder or to reauction. Winners who fail to bank in payment will be barred from participating in future auctions.
5. You may use a pseudonym when placing your bid, if you wish, but please use a genuine email address as we need to contact you if you win. Your email address will not be displayed.
6. Please participate responsibly in the spirit of goodwill, honesty and fun!
100% of the winning bid will be channeled to our Fund for the animals.
Do we hear RM150?
At 8.45pm, Wine Dogs bid RM250.
At 1.43pm, Merlinda bids RM150.
In the three albums given by Jimmy and Angela, two contains the same samples while one is totally different. Hence, I can only find, at most, two pieces of the same cloth (if taken from the duplicate albums). So, it isn't easy to mix and match.
For this piece, I picked out the samples done in pastel watercolour shades and mixed them with 4 floral pieces.
The backing cloth is used as sashing.
I figured a brown outer frame should look quite nice?
Ginger gives his OK.
Now, to cut the backing cloth.
The backing is done by my mum with the light beige cloth contributed by Agnes Cheong.
This blanket measures 51.5 inches by 80 inches.
Since curtain samples were used, it is thicker than our normal blankets. It can be used as a bedspread or a cover.
Happy bidding and thank you very much for your support.