Sunday, December 21, 2014

The feline welcome-home committee!

I only stayed for 2 nights at the hospital; the first night was at the High Dependency Unit and the second night at the normal ward. But for a cat, a human being away for 2 nights and 3 days is a long time. Of course it broke my heart that I could not explain to them why I was gone and I certainly didn't want them thinking that I had abandoned them. My husband and children took good care of all 12 of them, so that was reassuring. Still, don't you wish there was a way to let them know...

According to my husband, the 7 inside cats were fine and did not seem too worried. Only Ginger appeared to be very concerned and kept following him and mewing. He also went upstairs to our bedroom to look for me and mewed. Poor Ginger....

And that is why when the doctor allowed me to option of coming home to recover, I jumped at the chance.

When we drove into the porch, it was afternoon and Ginger wasn't around at the time. Rosie was, but you know how Calicos are. The inside cats had congregated at the grille and were quite excited. Yes, all seven of them and they seemed happy. There was a little celebratory joy as I went in. I was still a little groggy, so I took care in not moving too much.

Ginger came back later and I think it took the boy a little while for everything to sink in. When he finally realised I was really back, he was so happy, he licked me...like a little puppy!

5 birdy

So that's the little tale of my welcome-home event yesterday.

But wait...that's not all.

Someone else popped over to visit too, this morning.

Guess who?

Mr Zurik!!

Yes, Mr Zurik came over to the patio this morning to visit. News must have filtered through the Feline News Network, so our dear Mr Zurik, as militant and as controversial as he is, found it in himself to pop over for a courtesy call. Isn't he sweet?

Cats, when you think you've got them all figured out, they will surprise you again and again.

Cats make the whole go round, don't they?

Thank you, dear friends, for all your kind wishes and prayers for me. I haven't recovered yet, but I hope to get there soon.

As for the subsidy payments, I have cleared all the backlog today. All payments have been made. I figured delaying will create an even longer backlog for me next week and that would be even more stressful. So, all in a days' work and I can now rest.

3 comments:

Siew Sou Mui said...

Happy to know that everybody is purring happily again! And please remember to pull a nice, warm blanket over yourself at night!

Yen Ling said...

Good to know all is well.

Chin Aik said...

welcome back~